The 2015-16 crop of evergreen seedlings will begin germinating tomorrow!
It’s a process and lot’s of work to get to this stage.
1. All of last year’s seedlings and potted plants are moved outside. Those are the seedlings we are now selling. That’s about 1200 trays of seedlings that have been moved outside.
2. All the trays that were emptied with sales in the last year are power washed and sanitized.
3. The greenhouse is thoroughly cleaned, power washed and sanitized.
4. 1408 trays are filled with 50 3.8 cubic foot bales of Promix BX Mycorrhizae…that’s five long days of dirty work!
5. All the trays are seeded, many one hole at a time. So 94336 holes have been seeded.
6. Tomorrow morning they will be watered for the first time to begin the germination process.